CHAMBER BLUE OF KANSAS
A partnership between the Chamber of Commerce Executives of Kansas and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
Chamber Blue of Kansas Health Plan Policies
- The chamber must be a CCEKS member in good standing to offer the Chamber Blue of Kansas health plan to their members.
- The chamber must sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with CCEKS by July 31, 2022.
- The business is expected to be a member of their chamber to be eligible to take the interest/census survey in August 2022 for the initial enrollment, but it is a requirement that the member must be a member at enrollment.
- If a member business with enrolled contracts, drops out of the program, they will not be elible for re-enrollment for a three (3) year period. Policy change effective 12/6/22
- Method for determining the chamber through which a business may participate:
- For purposes of this policy the term “Participating Chamber” means a CCEKS Chamber Member which has elected to offer the Chamber Blue Plan (the “Plan”) to its members in accordance with this policy
- Businesses may only participate in the plan by first becoming members of the Participating Chamber nearest their corporate office.
- If a business is a member of a Participating Chamber as of January 1, 2022, they may participate in the plan through that chamber notwithstanding that their corporate offices are closer to another Participating Chamber of which they are not a member.
- If a business is a member of multiple Participating Chambers as of January 1, 2022, their participation in the plan will be through chamber nearest their corporate office.
- The CCEKS will make the final determination relative to any questions regarding a particular business’s participation.
- The Chamber agrees that, as long as they are participating in Chamber Blue of Kansas health insurance plan, they will not solicit nor enter into any other health insurance plan agreements that has as its objective of providing health insurance plans to businesses.